You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud

I deleted my messages from my phone but they are still on my iPad. Can I keep them on my iPad ? I haven’t connected to WiFi since I deleted them from my phone

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2020 5:57 AM

Your messages will be synced (and therefore deleted) when you connect to the internet - WiFi or Data (if you have an iPad with cellular service or a personal hotspot setting ).

source: Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you Turn off Messages in iCloud for your iPad, then yes, the messages you deleted on your iPhone will still remain on your iPad. However, the latter will not be updated with any new messages that you create on your iPhone.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2020 5:57 AM in response to Dawn2242

Your messages will be synced (and therefore deleted) when you connect to the internet - WiFi or Data (if you have an iPad with cellular service or a personal hotspot setting ).

source: Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support

If you Turn off Messages in iCloud for your iPad, then yes, the messages you deleted on your iPhone will still remain on your iPad. However, the latter will not be updated with any new messages that you create on your iPhone.

iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.