You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR screen is black and white

I haven’t got any colour filters selected, it’s not on greyscale but the screen is black and white. I’ve tried a restart and it hasn’t made any difference. I’ve taken a photo and emailed it to myself and checking it on the pc, the photo is in colour, so it is seeing colour. The phone is 1 month out of service warranty!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 7, 2020 9:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 8:06 AM

Hello Headfairy,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your iPhone is in grayscale, but you have checked several settings already. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. We're happy to help!

Let's take a look at one more setting to see if that setting is causing your device to appear in grayscale. Please open "Settings" > "Accessibility" > "Zoom" > "Zoom Filter" > make sure "None" is selected.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 8, 2020 8:06 AM in response to Headfairy

Hello Headfairy,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! We understand that your iPhone is in grayscale, but you have checked several settings already. Let’s take a look and see what we can do. We're happy to help!

Let's take a look at one more setting to see if that setting is causing your device to appear in grayscale. Please open "Settings" > "Accessibility" > "Zoom" > "Zoom Filter" > make sure "None" is selected.

Have a great day!

iPhone XR screen is black and white

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.