You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook shuts down when close to iPad

Hello,

Since I have my iPad (a few weeks ago) my Macbook changed its behaviour. Every time it's close to my Macbook it shuts down while I have online classes. The same happens when I move my iPad closely to the Macbook. I thought it was something else such as sleep mode or my charger that doesn't work, but that never made my Macbook shut down randomly, everything around and in my device is fine. The problem started with having an iPad next to me.

What solution helps?

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Sep 8, 2020 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 10:29 AM

Hi Fatiih,

We understand you're having some problems with your MacBook powering off unexpectedly, and we're happy to provide as much help as we can. To clarify, do you see any errors or alerts on the MacBook screen right before it powers off? Does anything change on the iPad screen when you bring it closer to the MacBook? These details will help us better isolate the problem.

Thanks!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2020 10:29 AM in response to Fatiih

Hi Fatiih,

We understand you're having some problems with your MacBook powering off unexpectedly, and we're happy to provide as much help as we can. To clarify, do you see any errors or alerts on the MacBook screen right before it powers off? Does anything change on the iPad screen when you bring it closer to the MacBook? These details will help us better isolate the problem.

Thanks!

My Macbook shuts down when close to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.