You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Catalina Mail

Has anyone else experienced a sudden stop in the ability to send mail from the mail app after updating to Catalina??

At this point I have adjusted the preferences so many times that I am now just confused and frustrated.

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2020 8:52 AM

If your Mail ISP is using password aging, then you may need to visit their support site and configure a new email password. Have you contacted your Mail ISP support staff, and asked them for help?

I use several email accounts, and not one of them stopped working with the upgrade to Catalina , or its updates through 10.15.6 (19G2021).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 9, 2020 8:52 AM in response to Jill Gridley

If your Mail ISP is using password aging, then you may need to visit their support site and configure a new email password. Have you contacted your Mail ISP support staff, and asked them for help?

I use several email accounts, and not one of them stopped working with the upgrade to Catalina , or its updates through 10.15.6 (19G2021).

Sep 9, 2020 9:01 AM in response to VikingOSX

Hi

I'm sorry, I have no clue what you are talking about - I am a complete novice.

I use the standard Mac app linked to iCloud.

If I log into iCloud there isn't a problem.

I keep getting account error messages from the desktop app when I send an email, it gets stuck in outbox. Port times out.

I looked up Mail settings and reset it, but it just continues

Catalina Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.