You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Cloud security breach

I received a call this morning saying there had been suspicious activity on my I Cloud account. That there had been numerous attempts to breach it. I was told not to enter data or banking information.

I was then told to hold on to speak to a rep. So I held on and intermittently a message would inform me to continue hot hold a bit longer.

i was suspicious so I hung up. I called the number that the call came from and a young guy answered. No Apple business identificar. So i said Im sorry I thought I was reaching d as business. He said mo this is a personal line.

have you heard of scams with Apple ID

Cloud fake reps ? I’m assuming they were going to ask me for personal information.

where can I report this ? Thanks

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 10, 2020 10:34 AM

It is a common scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 10, 2020 10:34 AM in response to 2020Luca2020

It is a common scam. Apple doesn't make unsolicited phone calls. If there was a problem you would be notified when attempting to log in, including when logging into this forum. Also see: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Also, the caller id number shown on scam and marketing calls is frequently not the number actually originating the call. The number is often spoofed.

I Cloud security breach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.