You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Found XS Max

Someone sold me an activation locked (which I didn't know) iPhone XS Max. How can I return the phone to its original owner? Do I just return it to Apple Store?

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Sep 14, 2020 1:16 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2020 4:18 AM

Hi, you can't return the phone to the original unless you know the original owner. You can return the phone to the person who sold it to you & get a refund.

If you have the original receipt/invoice of the phone, you can call Apple Support & they can assist you with removing the Apple ID on the phone. Otherwise you can bring it to an Apple Store for trade-in or recycling.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 15, 2020 4:18 AM in response to jbakiriejnr

Hi, you can't return the phone to the original unless you know the original owner. You can return the phone to the person who sold it to you & get a refund.

If you have the original receipt/invoice of the phone, you can call Apple Support & they can assist you with removing the Apple ID on the phone. Otherwise you can bring it to an Apple Store for trade-in or recycling.

Sep 15, 2020 4:09 AM in response to jbakiriejnr

Don’t know where you’re located, but here’s Apple’s recycling site:

https://www.apple.com/recycling/nationalservices/

Most municipalities also have their own drop-off electronics recycling programs.

If it’s avail to you, Best Buy is an easy solution:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/services/recycling/pcmcat149900050025.c?id=pcmcat149900050025

Found XS Max

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.