You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari homepage greyed out

I've tried uninstalling profiles to see if that was the issue but I have no profiles to uninstall in the first place... been trying to switch my homepage from safefinder back to google but it seems safefinder has other ideas.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 12:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2020 1:26 PM

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.  

Safe Finder Uninstall

Safe Finder Uninstall (2)

Safe Finder Uninstall (3)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2020 1:26 PM in response to Caleb_Clingan

You have adware/malware installed. Use  Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac. It may be necessary to run more than one scan. After scanning a couple of times, restart the computer and test. If necessary, follow the manual instructions.  Do not download any other programs that are listed in the articles.  

Safe Finder Uninstall

Safe Finder Uninstall (2)

Safe Finder Uninstall (3)

Safari homepage greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.