You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

broken display 13'' macbook pro (mid 2014)

Hello everybody,

Asking for help because I unfortunately broke the display of my 13'' macbook pro (mid 2014) and I wanted to know if there's any way I can connect it to a new display (I wouldn't want to spend 500€ for a replacement)

Thanks!

f.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 4:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2020 5:01 AM

Sure, Flavio 147, I can help you. You would either have to connect to HDMI or thunderbolt 2.You’d probably need a thunderbolt 2 to whatever Adaptor to use a monitor with it.thunderbolt 2 natively supports MiniDisplayPort, with DVI, VGA and dual link DVI with the appropriate adapters, which should be Active, not Passive. You may be able to get away with using a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter, then plug it in to thunderbolt three monitor, but thunderbolt three monitors are expensive.

that should do

Also remember that any unplugging, plugging our cable Swapping should be done while both MacBook Pro and monitor are turned off and shut down.

John B

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 21, 2020 5:01 AM in response to flavio147

Sure, Flavio 147, I can help you. You would either have to connect to HDMI or thunderbolt 2.You’d probably need a thunderbolt 2 to whatever Adaptor to use a monitor with it.thunderbolt 2 natively supports MiniDisplayPort, with DVI, VGA and dual link DVI with the appropriate adapters, which should be Active, not Passive. You may be able to get away with using a thunderbolt 3 to 2 adapter, then plug it in to thunderbolt three monitor, but thunderbolt three monitors are expensive.

that should do

Also remember that any unplugging, plugging our cable Swapping should be done while both MacBook Pro and monitor are turned off and shut down.

John B

broken display 13'' macbook pro (mid 2014)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.