You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete music creation file

i deleted garageband because i never use it and i need extra space. but after i check storage management music creation files is still there but i can't delete it. i searched ways to delete it and by my research, they say i have to install it all over again to delete music creation files. so i installed it again, and it says music creation files has zero kb!

problem solved?? haha nope.

so i delete garageband again (thought my problem solved), and checked storage management, the music creation files is comes back again!

can anyone help me with this problem??

i'm still running on High Sierra

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 2:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 24, 2020 6:07 AM

The instruments and lessons are stored in the folders

• In the system wide Library folder at the top level of your Macintosh HD: /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/
  • Or in the user library in your home folder: ~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

There may be additional content in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

These files are shared with Logic Pro Xi, if you are using Logic.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 24, 2020 6:07 AM in response to Nadthifa

The instruments and lessons are stored in the folders

• In the system wide Library folder at the top level of your Macintosh HD: /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/
  • Or in the user library in your home folder: ~/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/

There may be additional content in /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/

These files are shared with Logic Pro Xi, if you are using Logic.

How to delete music creation file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.