You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I backup iPhone when it’s charging port is damaged....?

That’s pretty much it....

I talked to an Apple repair expert and they are saying that you have to backup iPhone before sending it in for repair....as there is a chance of data loss, unfortunately the iPhone has 0% battery and contains lots of important data....

it’s charging port is damaged so I can’t charge it.

so is there anyway I can backup it......

the device is and iPhone 7 plus

thanks in advance

xXx-Gamer-xXx

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 7:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2020 7:48 AM

Prior to sending it for repair/replacement, is standard protocol for Apple to have you back up your device then and erase it, etc..

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

In your case, there is no possibility to do so if you cannot charge the device.

I think, you'll just have to take that "chance" and hope there is no data loss during repair.

What about iCloud backups/syncs already done previously? Those, if done, count for something.

You could log on to iCloud.com and see what data is already synched there, to make sure how much of your "important data", if any is already on there!

In an extreme case and it is not foolproof either, but you could choose to replace the iPhone battery with an already charged one. This way your phone has enough power to be switched on and connect to iCloud for an iCloud backup. Then send it for repair (fix charging port).

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 28, 2020 7:48 AM in response to Community User

Prior to sending it for repair/replacement, is standard protocol for Apple to have you back up your device then and erase it, etc..

Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

In your case, there is no possibility to do so if you cannot charge the device.

I think, you'll just have to take that "chance" and hope there is no data loss during repair.

What about iCloud backups/syncs already done previously? Those, if done, count for something.

You could log on to iCloud.com and see what data is already synched there, to make sure how much of your "important data", if any is already on there!

In an extreme case and it is not foolproof either, but you could choose to replace the iPhone battery with an already charged one. This way your phone has enough power to be switched on and connect to iCloud for an iCloud backup. Then send it for repair (fix charging port).

How can I backup iPhone when it’s charging port is damaged....?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.