You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud message syncing for non-iMessage texts

I have iPhoneX and iPhoneXR, both running IOS 14, both use the same Apple ID, both have Messages enabled under iCloud, and both are set to use my phone number for iMessages. IPhoneX is the primary phone and has the SIM card, XR does not have SIM.

When I send or receive a non-iMessage text (traditional SMS that shows in green) from my iPhoneX to a non-Apple phone, is this message supposed to show up on my iPhoneXR as well? Also, when I delete the non-iMessage text on my iPhoneX, is the message supposed to get deleted from my iPhoneXR as well?

thanks.

Posted on Sep 30, 2020 9:50 AM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2020 8:46 AM in response to dabas1000

Yes, iOS continuity will pair an iPhone without a SIM (thus no cellular service connection) just as it will pair a Mac or an iPad.

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Messages in iCloud will sync all your messages (iMessage, and SMS/MMS texts) across all your devices using the same iCloud account.

Sep 30, 2020 1:33 PM in response to dabas1000

When I send or receive a non-iMessage text (traditional SMS that shows in green) from my iPhoneX to a non-Apple phone, is this message supposed to show up on my iPhoneXR as well?

No, it shouldn't with no SIM-card in it.

Also, when I delete the non-iMessage text on my iPhoneX, is the message supposed to get deleted from my iPhoneXR as well?

No.

icloud message syncing for non-iMessage texts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.