You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I stop the Photos app from opening on my MBP every time I plug my iPhone into it to recharge the phone?

How can I stop the Photos app from opening on my MBP every time I plug my iPhone into my desktop array to recharge the phone?

I use my MacBook Pro as my desktop machine with a host of external hard drives and other accessories. I have a power cord connected to one of the USB hubs in my array that I use to keep my iPhone powered up. Every time I plug my iPhone in to power it up, the Photos app on my MBP automatically starts up and appears on the screen. I've looked to figure a way to disable that action but have been unsuccessful,

What's the trick?

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 1, 2020 12:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2020 11:37 AM

Hey Steven Weinberg1,

We see that you want to stop your Mac from automatically opening the Photos app when you connect your iPhone, and we'd like to help!

To prevent your Mac from automatically launching the Photos app, you'll need to follow the steps from the article here: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

You can also check out some additional online guide for this here: Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

We hope this helps!

Warm regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 7, 2020 11:37 AM in response to Steven Weinberg1

Hey Steven Weinberg1,

We see that you want to stop your Mac from automatically opening the Photos app when you connect your iPhone, and we'd like to help!

To prevent your Mac from automatically launching the Photos app, you'll need to follow the steps from the article here: Keep your photos safely stored and up to date on all of your devices

You can also check out some additional online guide for this here: Sync photos between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

We hope this helps!

Warm regards.

How can I stop the Photos app from opening on my MBP every time I plug my iPhone into it to recharge the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.