You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen mirroring on iphone 8 not working after IOS14.01 uodate

screen mirroring on iphone 8 not working after IOS14.01 update when I try to connect to my Vizio smart tv

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 1:58 AM

8 replies

Oct 3, 2020 1:59 AM in response to rubymancini

Are you using any app for screen mirroring?

Mirror your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the same Wi-Fi network as your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV.
  2. Open Control Center: ... 
  3. Tap Screen Mirroring.
  4. Select your Apple TV or AirPlay 2-compatible smart TV from the list.

More items...

Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror your device's screen ...

Oct 18, 2020 2:33 AM in response to Kent0826

Thank you Kent0826. As far as I could tell the software in the Vizio TV was as up to date as it could be. There is a menu item on the TV where one can check for software updates and I did. But I found a mention somewhere that maybe resetting the TV to its original factory settings might help and that is what I did, and you know what? that did the trick! Screen mirroring to my phone magically reappeared after I reset the the Vizio TV. (I am wondering if the resetting to original factory settings somehow triggers a more up to date software update?). Anyway, I don't understand how this worked, but it did! Thanks again.

Oct 3, 2020 12:34 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you for getting back to me. No, I am not using any app. I am using the screen mirroring function, located in the control center on my iphone 8. This used to work, just fine, but all of a sudden, our smart TV does not appear. I have tried various fixes- turning off/on internet connection, off/on TV, making sure the TV is Airplay enabled, etc. I don’t think that it is the TV. I am suspecting the IOS upgrade to 14.01? Thanks for any help with the matter...

screen mirroring on iphone 8 not working after IOS14.01 uodate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.