You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to back up my iPhone X iOS14 to my Mac Book Air Mojave 10.14.6. Really necessary to upgrade to Catalina?

Unable to back up my iPhone X to my Mac Book Air Mojave 10.14.6. Really necessary to upgrade to Catalina? Rather not.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 3, 2020 8:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2020 7:59 AM

On your Mac go to Menu/About this Mac/Software Update. Look for a link to “other updates” and click on it if it appears. If it doesn’t appear type [COMMAND]+R and wait for it to search. You are looking for version 10.14.6 (supplemental), a minor update that doesn’t change the version number.

Then see—>If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. This is an update to iTunes, not to Mac OS. There should be a link to install it in the message that you see.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 4, 2020 7:59 AM in response to JJB1947

On your Mac go to Menu/About this Mac/Software Update. Look for a link to “other updates” and click on it if it appears. If it doesn’t appear type [COMMAND]+R and wait for it to search. You are looking for version 10.14.6 (supplemental), a minor update that doesn’t change the version number.

Then see—>If you see "Software update is required to connect to your iOS device" on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. This is an update to iTunes, not to Mac OS. There should be a link to install it in the message that you see.

Unable to back up my iPhone X iOS14 to my Mac Book Air Mojave 10.14.6. Really necessary to upgrade to Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.