You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Date in Numbers

Hello all,

I'm having trouble using the drag tool to add consecutive dates in Numbers.

I've added two Dates ex. 1st October, 2nd of October in the cells, then when I drag the yellow dot it repeats those two exact cells.

Is there a way for it to continue on the dates, i.e. 3rd of October, 4th of October etc?

Many thanks,

LL

Posted on Oct 5, 2020 4:56 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Oct 5, 2020 5:42 PM in response to Lwra_

If you put the actual text "1st October" and "2nd October", those are not "dates", they are just plain old text.

If you put the date 10/1/2020 and drag down, you will get consecutive dates. Unfortunately there is no format I am aware of that will display that as "1st October". I am not aware of any format that displays 1 as 1st, 2 as 2nd, etc. There is a format that displays dates as "October 1" if that is close enough for you. With a custom format it can be 1 October, 2 October...

There is probably some algorithm (formula + data in a table) that can convert 1 to 1st, 2 to 2nd, etc but it will have to be done in a separate column. It will not format your list of dates, it would use them as input to the formula.

Date in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.