You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connect Apple TV 4 HD with JBL Bar 2 Soundbar

Hi

I am using Apple TV 4 HD & a MicroMax 40 Canvas S Android TV. I am looking to purchase a budget soundbar to enhance my smart tv's sound. Checking out the JBL Bar 2 for this. But this soundbar only has one HDMI ARC port + 1 optical audio port. My smart tv has an HDMI ARC port.

How can i connect my Apple TV to my Smart TV through the soundbar so that i can get best sound and video in this set up. Will i be able to get Dolby Digital Sound.

Appreciate if anyone can help on this!

Apple TV HD, tvOS 13

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2020 8:51 AM

You can connect the Apple TV to your TV through non-ARC HDMI ports. You can connect the TV to the soundbar through their HDMI-ARC ports. You may need to set your TV for audio passthrough to the audio system (see your TV manual), if that isn’t done automatically.

Apple TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ] → TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ-ᴀʀᴄ] → Soundbar

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Auto if your soundbar is capable of processing PCM Multichannel audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 if your soundbar is capable of processing Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Stereo if it is a 2.0 soundbar.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 13, 2020 8:51 AM in response to ag7925

You can connect the Apple TV to your TV through non-ARC HDMI ports. You can connect the TV to the soundbar through their HDMI-ARC ports. You may need to set your TV for audio passthrough to the audio system (see your TV manual), if that isn’t done automatically.

Apple TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ] → TV → [ʜᴅᴍɪ-ᴀʀᴄ] → Soundbar

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Auto if your soundbar is capable of processing PCM Multichannel audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Dolby Digital 5.1 if your soundbar is capable of processing Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

You can set your Apple TV to Audio Format: Stereo if it is a 2.0 soundbar.

Connect Apple TV 4 HD with JBL Bar 2 Soundbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.