You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook won't load on MacBook Pro 2019

Since this morning have been unable to load Facebook - the blue line scoots across search bar but the page is blank. It worked last night. It was the same when I tried on my iPad through Safari. However I downloaded the Facebook app on my iPad and can access through that. I can also access with iPhone. However I am still unable to with MacBook Pro. Have done as suggested on Google and cleared browsing history and cookies. I have no extensions.

Help please :)

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 9:47 AM

2 replies

Oct 21, 2020 4:54 PM in response to annirooni

Hey annirooni,

We understand that you're having trouble loading Facebook using Safari on your Mac and your iPad. We definitely want to help! You went through some great troubleshooting steps too. Is this only happening with the Facebook page? Do you have another web browser installed to see if it will open there?

If this is only happening with the Facebook page, when trying to open the page, click and hold the Reload (refresh) button and choose "Reload Without Content Blockers" to see if the page is being blocked by a Content Blocker you may have installed. That step and others can be found in this guide: If you can’t open a website in Safari on Mac

We also recommend completing the steps under "If Safari doesn't load pages from a specific site" here: If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

If the issue continues, let's help to further narrow this down by installing available macOS updates, testing in safe mode, and a test user. Here are some great guides to help:

How to update the software on your Mac

Testing in safe mode tells us if a third-party process or application is causing this: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Testing in another user account lets us know if this is a system-wide issue or only happening in your user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care!

Oct 21, 2020 4:54 PM in response to annirooni

Hey annirooni,

We understand that you're having trouble loading Facebook using Safari on your Mac and your iPad. We definitely want to help! You went through some great troubleshooting steps too. Is this only happening with the Facebook page? Do you have another web browser installed to see if it will open there?

If this is only happening with the Facebook page, when trying to open the page, click and hold the Reload (refresh) button and choose "Reload Without Content Blockers" to see if the page is being blocked by a Content Blocker you may have installed. That step and others can be found in this guide: If you can’t open a website in Safari on Mac

We also recommend completing the steps under "If Safari doesn't load pages from a specific site" here: If Safari doesn't load a page or webpage items are missing

If the issue continues, let's help to further narrow this down by installing available macOS updates, testing in safe mode, and a test user. Here are some great guides to help:

How to update the software on your Mac

Testing in safe mode tells us if a third-party process or application is causing this: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Testing in another user account lets us know if this is a system-wide issue or only happening in your user account: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Keep us posted on the results.

Take care!

Facebook won't load on MacBook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.