You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Widget placement IOS 14

Does anyone know why my iPhone is preventing me from placing my Motivation widget at the bottom of my home screen? I have removed every app from my home screen, using the medium-size widget and still it won’t allow me to place the widget where I want . Help!

Posted on Oct 17, 2020 2:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 6:42 AM

Hello AmgXIIXXV,

We understand you're wanting to add a widget to the bottom of your Home Screen, and we'd be happy to help.

The 2x4 widget can only exist in one of 3 locations on the screen and those are the top 2 rows (1 & 2), middle 2 rows (3 & 4) or bottom 2 rows (5 & 6). When you have 3 rows of apps and try to place a 2x4 widget it cannot go at the bottom because that would try to use Row 4 & 5 which cannot be used. You can see a similar issue if you try and place the widget on Rows 2 & 3 as it bunches the top 2 rows together.

If you wish to have your widget at the very bottom, you would need at least one app on Row 4, otherwise it will always locate to the middle block. You can visit Add widgets to the iPhone Home Screen for more information on this feature.

If you'd like to leave feedback about this, you can do so here: Product Feedback - Apple

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Communities. Have a good one.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 22, 2020 6:42 AM in response to amgXIIXXV

Hello AmgXIIXXV,

We understand you're wanting to add a widget to the bottom of your Home Screen, and we'd be happy to help.

The 2x4 widget can only exist in one of 3 locations on the screen and those are the top 2 rows (1 & 2), middle 2 rows (3 & 4) or bottom 2 rows (5 & 6). When you have 3 rows of apps and try to place a 2x4 widget it cannot go at the bottom because that would try to use Row 4 & 5 which cannot be used. You can see a similar issue if you try and place the widget on Rows 2 & 3 as it bunches the top 2 rows together.

If you wish to have your widget at the very bottom, you would need at least one app on Row 4, otherwise it will always locate to the middle block. You can visit Add widgets to the iPhone Home Screen for more information on this feature.

If you'd like to leave feedback about this, you can do so here: Product Feedback - Apple

We hope this helps.

Thanks for using Apple Communities. Have a good one.

Widget placement IOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.