You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lock screen won't change

I can change my desktop wallpaper just not my lock screen wallpaper :(

If anyone know's away how to change the lock screen wallpaper, help a gal out plz !

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 6:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 7:20 PM

Kaseymenz Said:

"Lock screen won't change: I can change my desktop wallpaper just not my lock screen wallpaper :( If anyone know's away how to change the lock screen wallpaper, help a gal out plz !"

-------

Go Here: How to Change the Login Screen Background In macOS Sierra, Yosemite, and El Capitan - How-to Geek. It's a bit of a trick, but you need to go into the system caches. So, if need be, have someone else perform this, if you are uncertain of performing this. :)

Important: Backup your Mac First

Be certain you create a backup of your Mac prior to performing this. That way, you will have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the configuration. For the Backup, use an external hard drive of at least 1.5 times the storage, or use iCloud.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2020 7:20 PM in response to Kaseymenz

Kaseymenz Said:

"Lock screen won't change: I can change my desktop wallpaper just not my lock screen wallpaper :( If anyone know's away how to change the lock screen wallpaper, help a gal out plz !"

-------

Go Here: How to Change the Login Screen Background In macOS Sierra, Yosemite, and El Capitan - How-to Geek. It's a bit of a trick, but you need to go into the system caches. So, if need be, have someone else perform this, if you are uncertain of performing this. :)

Important: Backup your Mac First

Be certain you create a backup of your Mac prior to performing this. That way, you will have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the configuration. For the Backup, use an external hard drive of at least 1.5 times the storage, or use iCloud.

Lock screen won't change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.