You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac App Store not working

Hi, so every time I open the Mac App Store it just keeps loading but nothing appears, then I get the spinning wheel. Eventually I have to force quit the App Store. This has become annoying because I cannot download any apps that have to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. I tried downloading them online somehow through the Apple website, but it always brings me back to the desktop Mac App Store app that doesn't work.

I tried updating to the latest software update, but that doesn't seem to fix it.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 18, 2020 10:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2020 10:51 AM

Hi Roshana.K,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to download apps in the App Store of your Mac, as the spinning wait cursor appears.

Having the ability to download your apps is an important feature, we'd like for you to enjoy. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk and more. Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal, and see if you can access the App Store to download an app. If needed, here's an article on how to restart your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 23, 2020 10:51 AM in response to Roshana.K

Hi Roshana.K,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to download apps in the App Store of your Mac, as the spinning wait cursor appears.

Having the ability to download your apps is an important feature, we'd like for you to enjoy. We'll be happy to help.

To help troubleshoot this behavior, we recommend to restart your Mac in safe mode. This helps to perform a basic check of your startup disk and more. Once you're in safe mode, please restart your Mac as normal, and see if you can access the App Store to download an app. If needed, here's an article on how to restart your Mac in safe mode: How to use safe mode on your Mac

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Mac App Store not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.