You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I turn off deletion warnings from icloud drive. Every time I try and delete a file I get a very annoying warning from icloud drive before it will delete the file. for windows 10 is there any way to turn off these warnings?

how do I turn off deletion warnings from icloud drive. Every time I try and delete a file I get a very annoying warning from icloud drive before it will delete the file. for windows 10 is there any way to turn off these warnings?

The same warning occurs if you are deleting 1 or 1,000 files so you have to literally answer yes to 1,000 files to be deleted. Surely this cannot be as poorly designed as it seems.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Oct 22, 2020 3:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2020 4:46 PM

I've discovered a workaround, at least for if you need to delete a bunch of files at a time and don't want to keep clicking this "yes" box.

Put all files that must be deleted in one folder on iCloud Drive. Then delete the whole folder. You'll only have to approve the action once. Far from a solution to the whole issue, but should make deleting multiple files less painful!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 3, 2020 4:46 PM in response to Bigmac812

I've discovered a workaround, at least for if you need to delete a bunch of files at a time and don't want to keep clicking this "yes" box.

Put all files that must be deleted in one folder on iCloud Drive. Then delete the whole folder. You'll only have to approve the action once. Far from a solution to the whole issue, but should make deleting multiple files less painful!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.