You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stream your Apple Music content to the Apple TV2?

Hi,

I got an older model Apple TV 2 from a friend of mine.

Now when I go to Apple Music on the Apple TV I only get to see the music I bought from iTunes.

As I also have a paid Apple Music subscription I also would like to see my streaming music and my playlists in the Apple TV app.

As there any way to do this? or is this option only supported by the higher models of Apple TV?

Appreciate you advise

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 3:56 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 8:51 AM

To clarify further. The 2nd gen does not run any apps, just preset 'channels' sent via server. It is classified as obsolete and it's last update was back from 2014, the hardware is now over 10 years old so should any issues occur it would not be supported. Providers have also been dropping support for their server versions available on that model.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2020 8:51 AM in response to ConfusedAppleTV2user

To clarify further. The 2nd gen does not run any apps, just preset 'channels' sent via server. It is classified as obsolete and it's last update was back from 2014, the hardware is now over 10 years old so should any issues occur it would not be supported. Providers have also been dropping support for their server versions available on that model.

How to stream your Apple Music content to the Apple TV2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.