You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 Fan issue

Hello everyone! I bought a MacBook Air 2020 in July. I am a 14 year old and so mainly use it for online classes, YouTube etc.. However even if I only have one tab of YouTube/google meet open the fan kicks in. And when doing some multi tasking the fan get reasonably loud and I have to turn on noise cancellation on AirPods Pros to ignore the noise. its reasonably loud. I contacted apple support but they were of no use. I have tried everything like all those VRAM NRAM etc.

Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:37 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 10:48 AM

Videoconferencing and video streaming are processor-intensive activities, it's normal for them to result in your chips warming up and the fans speeding up to keep them cool.

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature and fan activity – Apple Support

As a rough benchmark, on my work 2017 15" MacBook Pro, I get about 8 hours of battery life with email/Safari/PowerPoint, but I get only about 3 hours of battery life on continuous Zoom calls.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2020 10:48 AM in response to Shiven01

Videoconferencing and video streaming are processor-intensive activities, it's normal for them to result in your chips warming up and the fans speeding up to keep them cool.

See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature and fan activity – Apple Support

As a rough benchmark, on my work 2017 15" MacBook Pro, I get about 8 hours of battery life with email/Safari/PowerPoint, but I get only about 3 hours of battery life on continuous Zoom calls.

MacBook Air 2020 Fan issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.