You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text message possible Malware

I received a text message stating that a PayPal payment of $19.99 was made to Almyaha (unsure of spelling) if you did not make this payment please visit: (a URL link). I was watching TV and not thinking before I tapped a link and a bright red Deceptive!! page opened in Safari. I immediately closed all browser windows and cleared website data and history. I then went back and tapped the blue Report link below the message. A blue form opened up showing the number, an option to input name, a description text box, and an option to choose Report Spam or something else I can’t remember (Report unsafe maybe?), but that’s the one I chose. While typing in the description box, my keyboard kept opening and closing, leading me to fear malware. A search for how to remove it from my iPhone 11 led me here. I deleted the text. Anything else I should do?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2020 1:26 PM

Nothinbutleggs wrote:

I received a text message stating that a PayPal payment of $19.99 was made to Almyaha (unsure of spelling) if you did not make this payment please visit: (a URL link). I was watching TV and not thinking before I tapped a link and a bright red Deceptive!! page opened in Safari. I immediately closed all browser windows and cleared website data and history. I then went back and tapped the blue Report link below the message. A blue form opened up showing the number, an option to input name, a description text box, and an option to choose Report Spam or something else I can’t remember (Report unsafe maybe?), but that’s the one I chose. While typing in the description box, my keyboard kept opening and closing, leading me to fear malware. A search for how to remove it from my iPhone 11 led me here. I deleted the text. Anything else I should do?

There is no known virus/malware or hack for a non jailbroken iphone.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 26, 2020 1:26 PM in response to Nothinbutleggs

Nothinbutleggs wrote:

There is no known virus/malware or hack for a non jailbroken iphone.

Text message possible Malware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.