You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

distortion screen help!

My macbook pro suddenly developed a distorted start up screen. i turned it off, reset, everything its still the same. Its hard to even type my password. i don't know what to do. This happened just today out of nowhere when i opened up my macbook. its a macbook pro retina, 13 inch early 2015. the software if macOS catalina. PLEASE HELP!!!

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 2:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 8:27 AM

If you have any external display / TV that is compatible with MacBook Pro try to connect and see if the issue is persistent on external screen as well.

Helps to isolate the issue.

It could be hardware issue related to RAM/Display Assembly/Logic Board.

You need to get it serviced or repaired by Apple.

Start a service request

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2020 8:27 AM in response to manaiah

If you have any external display / TV that is compatible with MacBook Pro try to connect and see if the issue is persistent on external screen as well.

Helps to isolate the issue.

It could be hardware issue related to RAM/Display Assembly/Logic Board.

You need to get it serviced or repaired by Apple.

Start a service request

https://support.apple.com/mac/repair/service

Oct 29, 2020 7:11 AM in response to manaiah

If this happens after the apple logo when booted, start in safe mode and verify if issue still happens.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Note: Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility. And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache, which are automatically created again as needed.

distortion screen help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.