You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi connection

my iPhone disconnects from WiFi whenever the screen locks. Any way to make my phone always connects to internet via wifi? Please advise me.

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 10:18 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2020 10:29 AM

euhab wrote:

my iPhone disconnects from WiFi whenever the screen locks. Any way to make my phone always connects to internet via wifi? Please advise me.

That’s correct; it is a battery saving feature, and is needed because when Wi-Fi is connected it uses power continuously, whether the phone is transferring data or not. To keep Wi-Fi on when the phone locks it needs to be connected to power.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 29, 2020 10:29 AM in response to euhab

euhab wrote:

That’s correct; it is a battery saving feature, and is needed because when Wi-Fi is connected it uses power continuously, whether the phone is transferring data or not. To keep Wi-Fi on when the phone locks it needs to be connected to power.

Wifi connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.