You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to print on my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw I get the following messages: hpPrePrecessing.filter. Will damage computer. Download date unknown and hpPost ScriptPDE.plugin will damage your computer. How can this be fixed

When I try to print on my HP LaserJet Pro MFP M281fdw I get the following messages: hpPrePrecessing.filter. Will damage computer. Download date unknown and hpPost ScriptPDE.plugin will damage your computer. How can this be fixed

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 6:33 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2020 9:04 AM

You may need to reset the printing system, read this article.

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

5 replies

Oct 30, 2020 6:49 AM in response to Johphy

On October the 23rd a security certificate for HP printers expired,

almost everyone who has an HP printer was affected.

HP released updated drivers on the 25th October.

Click on this link, https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m280-m281-multifunction-printer-series/14142489/model/14142491

Click the + button at Driver Product Installation Software and download the HP Smart app, once

downloaded and installed run the app and this should download the new driver and get you printing again.

The HP Smart app should also be available in the App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.