You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Sign In gets hung on any app w iPhone 12 iOS 14

I used to have an iPhone X, logged into all apps perfectly fine when I needed to use my Google account. I got the iPhone 12 and transferred everything from my old phone. Most apps got reset and I have to log in again. Whether I try adding my Gmail account to the Mail app, or I try logging into Google Maps or Google Photos or Google Sheets apps, the exact behavior occurs: I type in my Google email, I get prompted "~whichever application~ wants to use google.com to Sign In", I say Continue, and it gets stuck looping. I never even reach the password prompt. I have tried everything from disabling cookies, logging in with different accounts, I cleared all cache, checked my Google account for any security flags and allowed new logins. Everything I found on the internet I've tried. Nothing has worked.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Nov 4, 2020 11:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 9, 2020 1:49 PM

Without knowing what “everything on the Internet” I’m hesitant to suggest anything, as you’ll likely just say “tried that”. Have you done anything in the area of Settings/Safari/Advanced/Experimental Settings? Specifically, turning off requestidleCallback?

Similar questions

4 replies

Nov 9, 2020 1:39 PM in response to a04v1t

Hello a04v1t,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, and congratulations on your new iPhone 12. We understand that you're having issues signing to all your Google apps on your iPhone, and we'd be happy to help.

Do you have 2-Step Verification added to your Google account? Also are you able to sign into your Google account on a web browser?

We have some great steps available that will possibly resolve the issue. Please complete all the steps listed here:

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

If the issue persists, please contact Google technical support for further assistance.

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Google Sign In gets hung on any app w iPhone 12 iOS 14

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.