You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which is the recovered Time Machine folder?

I recovered my keychains folder from TimeMachine in hopes of extracting a lost password. The recovery went well and I ended up with two folders: Keychains and Keychains (original). Which is the one I recovered from TimeMachine? Also, is there an easy way to open both keychain windows at the same time so I can visually compare them? If not, is there a way to toggle between them? How would I know which keychain is opened in the keychain app? Thanks for suggestions.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 10:50 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 10, 2020 5:33 PM in response to Barney-15E

Thanks for you response. I guess my main question is which of the two keychains folder was recovered from TimeMachine? The ‘Keychains’ folder or the ‘Keychains (Original)’ folder. To me ‘Original’ could denote the file that was originally on the local drive prior to the TimeMachine recovery or it could mean the oldest of the two files (the oldest being the original). The dates are the same on both folders and contents. I just can’t find where ‘(original)’ after a Time Machine single file recovery is defined in the info. Thx again.

Which is the recovered Time Machine folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.