You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2017 Macbook Pro flexgate

My 2017 MacBook pro’s display failed after two years and four months of light use just for Microsoft word. I believe this is from the common “Flexgate Problem” it cost me 910$ CAD to get the display replaced on a two year old computer. This is not the kind of quality product I was assuming I was paying for. I would like Apple to acknowledge the problem and give me a refund for their faulty product!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Nov 10, 2020 12:03 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Nov 20, 2020 2:35 PM in response to Nathan_Arborg

Exact same thing happened to me. Bought 2017 MBP 15” cost me over $3000 Canadian, also I was dumb enough to fall for the scam known as apple care. Apple care expired august 30,2020. Start of November, I get all the symptoms of flex gate (stage light effect, screen works up to 45 degrees & fully black after that. Called apple, talked to a “senior advisor” who basically told me I would have to pay the $979 plus tax to get it repaired on my own. This is the last apple product I buy in my life. No one pays $3000 for a laptop and expects to replace the screen less than 3 years later. And do you want to know the worst part? Even after spending all that money repairing it, what’s to say the screen won’t give out again, I mean it still has the original design flaw even if it is a new screen. Utter B-S in my opinion.

2017 Macbook Pro flexgate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.