You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to make purchases from American iTunes with a foreign credit card?

I live in Japan, and most of my money is stored in a local bank account, so i want yo pay for apps and subscriptions with my Japanese credit card, but when I tried to register my credit card to my apple account, it got declined and the app said to try again or try a different card.

i read the terms and conditions of the app store, and there was a section that said that they will charge customers in their national currency, and that price my fluctuate depending on the exchange rate, so I assume there is a way to make international purchases. Has anyone done that before? I’d like to know how.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2020 8:10 AM

It is not legal for you to purchase from a store other than the one serving your own country.

The content in the US store is not licensed for sale in Japan.

2 replies

Is it possible to make purchases from American iTunes with a foreign credit card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.