You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Trash folders?

Since upgrading to Big Sur, some of my "Favorites" mailboxes are missing their trash folders or rather they appear to be hidden somehow. If I delete an email, I cannot find in any of the several "Trash" folders listed in the Mailboxes column but if I search for a deleted email in "all mailboxes", I can find it in a trash folder named for the specific email account. I just cannot go to it directly from a Trash folder in the Mailboxes list.

Not sure if I'm explaining this succinctly.....

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 7:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2020 8:16 AM

This might help if I understand your question right. Upper left side, above All Inboxes, you should see the word Favorites. Hover your cursor on the word and a + sign should appear. Click on that + sign, then a new box comes up where you can select which mailbox to include under favorites, in your instance All Trash. Then click OK and All Trash should be now under Favorites.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 17, 2020 8:16 AM in response to Motorkitty321

This might help if I understand your question right. Upper left side, above All Inboxes, you should see the word Favorites. Hover your cursor on the word and a + sign should appear. Click on that + sign, then a new box comes up where you can select which mailbox to include under favorites, in your instance All Trash. Then click OK and All Trash should be now under Favorites.

Nov 17, 2020 8:43 AM in response to Leno77

Thank you, that worked! Since I had it before the upgrade, don't understand why it should have disappeared afterwards. So far I'm okay with most of the changes with Big Sur but really don't like any of the so-called "upgrades" to Mail. Don't see anything that has made life easier/better, just any aggravating/annoying differences. IMHO anyway.

Hidden Trash folders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.