You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to iOS 14.2 and now have lost CarPlay functionality on my 2018 Ford F-150.

I went through all the troubleshooting tips mentioned above up to and including removing my phone from the CarPlay settings. I then attempted to reconnect to CarPlay and my truck would not even show up in the settings. I have repeated all the troubleshooting tips to no avail. Has anyone figured out a way to get iOS 14.2 to work with Apple CarPlay in a Ford with the Sync3 audio package.

Posted on Nov 26, 2020 9:33 AM

1 reply

Dec 4, 2020 8:37 AM in response to fmotycka

Hello fmotycka.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you’re no longer able to use CarPlay on your Ford truck since updating to iOS 14.2. We are happy to help.

If you’re using a lightning cable to connect to CarPlay, please try another lightning cable? Is CarPlay restricted? Please go to Settings > General > CarPlay as well as Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps. Please forget the stereo from Settings > General > CarPlay > [stereo name]. Forget the iPhone from the settings (stereo user guide for instructions). Rename the iPhone in Settings > General > About > Name. Reset network settings on the iPhone.

Here’s some additional information on using CarPlay: Use CarPlay with your iPhone - Apple Support

We also recommend checking for a firmware update for your radio. If you’re unsure how to do so, please check your truck’s user manual or contact the Ford dealer.

Let us know the results.

Take care.

I updated to iOS 14.2 and now have lost CarPlay functionality on my 2018 Ford F-150.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.