You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Won’t Sync Library on MacBook

I just purchased a brand new MacBook Air and the Music app won’t let me sync my music library after popping up an error after a few minutes of trying to sync to the cloud. I've been working with Apple Support for almost 2 months and no one is able to provide assistance between the most basic perfunctory troubleshooting steps. ICloud engineering team is apparently looking into issues with the Library, but I am unable to get any new updates or insights from them through my assigned advisor..

Error messages that occur during music library sync attempts include these error numbers: 11444, 18003, 3256, and 4001. I have tried multiple wi-fi internet connections and continue to experience the same issues in loading the music library.

Because of this I haven’t been able to listen to any music on my Mac as they just don’t load any more. The only way I can listen to my Music library is on my iPhone and iPad devices.

Is there a way I could fix all this? I bought this MacBook specifically to use the Music feature (music is a big part of my life) and still unable to use this newly purchased device for its intended purpose. I am at a loss at what to do, especially since my new Apple Support advisor (after the last one left me after being promoted) will not answer my emails or give me call backs.

Please advise as to how I should proceed with this issue. I am desperate for a resolution. Thank you,

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 27, 2020 6:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2020 1:56 AM

My sympathies. I am having a similar problem with Apple Music on my Mac. I have a large library of 80,000+ items and, having bought a new Mac in May, had issues with Apple Music, spent months reinstalling music to library, artist by artist, following advice from Apple, only to have the same problems happen again after the Big Sur update. Thought it had been resolved by Apple, only to find Apple Music spends hours/days trying to load the Library, duplicating tracks (apparently I now have 160,000 tracks in my Library) - it freezes, creates hundreds of empty playlists, after hours/days of loading up some kind of library - anything from 60,000 to 160,000 tracks - it lets me play one track then stalls and won't let me close it. I am at my wits end! I have lost hours, if not days, trying to fathom it out, consulting with Apple. I don't understand why Apple hates music lovers so much...!!! Will put in another support call to Apple but I feel I'm back where I started a few weeks ago...

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2020 1:56 AM in response to eric_s_weaver

My sympathies. I am having a similar problem with Apple Music on my Mac. I have a large library of 80,000+ items and, having bought a new Mac in May, had issues with Apple Music, spent months reinstalling music to library, artist by artist, following advice from Apple, only to have the same problems happen again after the Big Sur update. Thought it had been resolved by Apple, only to find Apple Music spends hours/days trying to load the Library, duplicating tracks (apparently I now have 160,000 tracks in my Library) - it freezes, creates hundreds of empty playlists, after hours/days of loading up some kind of library - anything from 60,000 to 160,000 tracks - it lets me play one track then stalls and won't let me close it. I am at my wits end! I have lost hours, if not days, trying to fathom it out, consulting with Apple. I don't understand why Apple hates music lovers so much...!!! Will put in another support call to Apple but I feel I'm back where I started a few weeks ago...

Apple Music Won’t Sync Library on MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.