You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2017 Macbook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6. What is the next software update I can do?

I have a 2017 Macbook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6. What is the next software update I can do?

And, Do I have to install each version before I can move to the next one, EXAMPLE: 10.14 then 10.14.1 then 10.14.2 etc etc until I get to the latest version??

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 5:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2020 6:08 AM

You can go straight to Big Sur.

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

You don’t have to do each increment.

Do be aware that Catalina and Big Sur don’t support 32-bit apps (older versions of Office, Photoshop, etc.). You can upgrade to Mojave if that’s an issue.

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 7, 2020 6:08 AM in response to Jo_dive

You can go straight to Big Sur.

How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

You don’t have to do each increment.

Do be aware that Catalina and Big Sur don’t support 32-bit apps (older versions of Office, Photoshop, etc.). You can upgrade to Mojave if that’s an issue.

How to get old versions of macOS – Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.