You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP and XA50

Hi, I have a couple questions if anyone is able to assist... I tried Canon's community board but couldn't get a resolution.

1) Has anyone tried USB connecting their Canon XA video camera to a Mac and import clips into FCP? The XA50 I'm using does not mount in the Finder nor appear in FCP using USB. I have to take the memory card out and insert in a card reader each time to import.

2) When I do insert the memory card into my Mac (Mac Mini M1, Big Sur OSX) I can see all the folders and files in the Finder but nothing in FCP. FCP just shows the CANON card but no folders/subfolders/files and I can't import directly into FCP. I have to use Finder to copy everything to a Mac folder and then use FCP to import.

Richard

Mac mini, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 4:59 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

FCP and XA50

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.