You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files cannot be read from the Fuji X-T2 in Catalina.

Since upgrading to Catalina, the files on the X-T2 can no longer be imported into Photos directly from the camera through USB (works fine with a Canon 5D markII though).

Using an external card reader solves this problem but as it worked in Mojave, it looks like this is a bug.

Also, the X-T2 or even the Canon 5D mark III no longer show up in de finder.

Tethering with Capture One is also impossible in Catalina.

Anyone having the same problems? I really do not want to revert back to Mojave...

Thanks.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 16, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 2:42 AM

Two out of three problems are now solved:

• SOLVED: Files can now once again be directly imported into Photos (I guess due to the 10.15.3 update?), the X-T2 connection has to be setup as "USB Card Reader" (SET UP>CONNECTION SETTING>PC CONNECTION MODE>USB CARD READER).
  • SOLVEDTethering to Capture One works again. You need to give Capture One permission to Photos, Downloads, Document, Desktop and if any, Removable Volumes. The camera PC Connection mode on the X-T2 should be USB TETHER SHOOTING AUTO. Also see these Phase One posts: How to tether your supported camera on Mac OS Catalina and Frequent disconnects, camera not detected or will not transfer images
  • Evidently, both Fuji and Canon camera's never show up in the finder. Don't know if Nikon does though.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 30, 2020 2:42 AM in response to Victor Emanuel

Two out of three problems are now solved:

• SOLVED: Files can now once again be directly imported into Photos (I guess due to the 10.15.3 update?), the X-T2 connection has to be setup as "USB Card Reader" (SET UP>CONNECTION SETTING>PC CONNECTION MODE>USB CARD READER).
  • SOLVEDTethering to Capture One works again. You need to give Capture One permission to Photos, Downloads, Document, Desktop and if any, Removable Volumes. The camera PC Connection mode on the X-T2 should be USB TETHER SHOOTING AUTO. Also see these Phase One posts: How to tether your supported camera on Mac OS Catalina and Frequent disconnects, camera not detected or will not transfer images
  • Evidently, both Fuji and Canon camera's never show up in the finder. Don't know if Nikon does though.

Jan 16, 2020 11:08 AM in response to Victor Emanuel

The Fuji X-T2 has camera RAW support in Catalina, but has a footnote indicating RAW support only for uncompressed RAW files. Same footnote for the X-T2 as was in the camera RAW support in Mojave. You do not mention the version of Catalina, but you should update to 10.15.2, if you have not done so, and test again.

Individual camera firmware up to date?

Jan 16, 2020 11:38 AM in response to VikingOSX

This I knew, I do not use compressed RAW so that is not the problem and I am on 10.15.2.

Next to this issue I have found some other bugs which I hope will be solved in the upcoming update like the Mail app when starting does not open a window. You have to klick the Icon twice to get the window to appear.

Anyway, not very happy with Catalina, feels like it was released far to early...

Files cannot be read from the Fuji X-T2 in Catalina.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.