You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

more space

Hello, I would like to know if there is a way for me to upgrade my MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2019) storage space, memory specs are 8 GB, with a Macintosh HD startup disk. ideally it's not enough space, iCloud storage doesn't really help with space.

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2020 5:36 AM

These MacBook airs are not upgradable but you can use an external hard drive to store files and programs you don't use everyday.

I have a 265GB ssd drive on my MacBook air and 3 external hard drives i transfer files from and to to save on space.

-i hope this helped!

2 replies

Dec 8, 2020 7:10 AM in response to tkeyahcameron

Check out this drive. It is roughly the size of 3 credit cards stacked atop each other. I use one for my notebook’s everyday TM backup. I see lots of my students with similar drives attacked to the lid of their computer - both Mac and PC. Not sure I’d recommend that but still. I don’t generally recommend 3rd party products but I bought a 256GB model the day Samsung started selling them and I am still using it. I’ve since purchased several more in 512GB and 1TB capacities.

more space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.