You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 80GB Classic will charge on Bose speaker, but not using charging cables

iPod 80GB Classic will charge on Bose speaker, but NOT using charging cables. I have tested the charging cables (an Apple one and a non-Apple cable) on an iPod Touch and that device does charge using those cables. I have tried resetting the iPod many times as per other solutions I've seen suggested but to no avail. Does anyone have any other suggestions please?

Posted on Dec 11, 2020 6:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 1:42 PM

You might want to try a "smaller" power adapter - the 5w for iPhone. like this..

The 6th gen/7th gen iPods have some sort of circuit protection that "fast charge with higher wattage" idea might NOT work. Interesting, my 5th gen and iPod Mini are less picky with the power sources.

All of my iPod classic (6th/7th gen) refuse to work with this adapter..

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 1:42 PM in response to Byrnster12

You might want to try a "smaller" power adapter - the 5w for iPhone. like this..

The 6th gen/7th gen iPods have some sort of circuit protection that "fast charge with higher wattage" idea might NOT work. Interesting, my 5th gen and iPod Mini are less picky with the power sources.

All of my iPod classic (6th/7th gen) refuse to work with this adapter..

iPod 80GB Classic will charge on Bose speaker, but not using charging cables

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.