You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes back up

I have tried backing up my iPhone and iPod on my pc (windows 10)

but it says I can’t because it’s corrupted

if I uninstall iTunes on my desk to pc will it delete everything ?

Music, apps, everything really

I could then reinstall it and then back them both up (it is some time since I backed anything up)

I had problems with my iPhone, it froze up on me, I had to take it to the Apple shop to unfreeze it, they couldn’t do anything with it because the back up was corrupted so I had to set them both up as new iPhone and new iPod

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 11:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2020 3:04 PM

i didn’t lose my back ups, they were corrupted so I couldn’t use them or even update my phone or iPod, using my pc, so I updated and used the back ups on the cloud

once I deleted iTunes on my pc, then reinstalled it, the corrupted files had been deleted, weren’t there any more

so I used the back up I had from the cloud and used that back page on my pc

so everything is cushty now

The only problem I had was reinstalling a new iTunes on my Win 7 pc, but another member gave me a link to install it, it did perfectly

Thanks everyone

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 16, 2020 3:04 PM in response to CarlAVII

i didn’t lose my back ups, they were corrupted so I couldn’t use them or even update my phone or iPod, using my pc, so I updated and used the back ups on the cloud

once I deleted iTunes on my pc, then reinstalled it, the corrupted files had been deleted, weren’t there any more

so I used the back up I had from the cloud and used that back page on my pc

so everything is cushty now

The only problem I had was reinstalling a new iTunes on my Win 7 pc, but another member gave me a link to install it, it did perfectly

Thanks everyone

Dec 16, 2020 11:41 AM in response to Derrick229

Hello Derrick229,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand having issues backing up your device on iTunes on your PC. We understand the importance of getting this issue resolved, and we'd like to help.

To get started, please check out, and try the steps in the following link:

If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

iTunes back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.