You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Authorised Scam Problems

Hi,

I have problem with "Switch" Apple Authorised seller at the Mines Mall, Serdang, Malaysia.

My apple mac pro, it keeps a restarting loop, though it is upgraded, and recovered and no other issue but this one. So, I brought my laptop to the repair to "Switch" which is an Apple Authorised Seller and Service Provider, but they told me that my motherboard is flooded with "coffee", while I never spilled a liquid on my laptop in the past 6 years!!!!

Even if we imagine that a liquid spilled on the motherboard, the laptop will never turn on rather than restarting and updating successfully the software.

I have found the exact problem happened with another customer of apple in China, you can read it here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7185685 , which indicates that it might be a common issue, in which that the customer is helpless and cannot claim his rights.

My first question is, how can I claim my rights??

My second question is Apple responsible for their sellers scams?

Thanks in Advance.

MacBook

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 8:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 9:05 PM

We are all other users here and do not work for Apple. Therefore, we cannot represent Apple and answer your questions. My guess: since authorized service providers are separate third party companies, they probably have their own policies and it'd be a legal question if Apple is responsible or not. However, 2 similar problems do not constitute a "common issue".

You will need to contact Apple.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 12, 2020 9:05 PM in response to eshraq_abdulghani

We are all other users here and do not work for Apple. Therefore, we cannot represent Apple and answer your questions. My guess: since authorized service providers are separate third party companies, they probably have their own policies and it'd be a legal question if Apple is responsible or not. However, 2 similar problems do not constitute a "common issue".

You will need to contact Apple.

Apple Authorised Scam Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.