You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts Connect requires an iTunes Store account

I cannot seem to connect to iTunes on my computer.

I get "This Apple ID has not been used yet with the iTunes store. Please review your account information." and then "We've run into a problem. Please try again later."

How can I get the iTunes Store account otherwise to be able to publish my podcast? I feel like I have tried everything...

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 5:08 AM

Make sure you are logged in in iTunes, that you have a payment method registered (though podcasting is free), and that your computer is authorised for iTunes. Downloading a free app may help.

Then try signing in again in Podcasts Connect.

If you still have problems, report it to Podcasts Support. Go to Apple Podcasts Help - Podcaster Support and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Occasionally people with this problem have been unable to get through to that contact page. If so, contact Support. Don't report it as a podcasting problem - they don't handle those - but as an inability to get to the contact page. It's also been suggested that getting them to look at your Apple ID may clear matters.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2020 5:08 AM in response to Safirini

Make sure you are logged in in iTunes, that you have a payment method registered (though podcasting is free), and that your computer is authorised for iTunes. Downloading a free app may help.

Then try signing in again in Podcasts Connect.

If you still have problems, report it to Podcasts Support. Go to Apple Podcasts Help - Podcaster Support and click the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of the page.

Occasionally people with this problem have been unable to get through to that contact page. If so, contact Support. Don't report it as a podcasting problem - they don't handle those - but as an inability to get to the contact page. It's also been suggested that getting them to look at your Apple ID may clear matters.

Dec 18, 2020 5:43 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks.

After problem solving for a while, the following fix worked for my work Apple ID (it seems).

1. I made sure I had payment details on my work Apple ID.
  2. I logged in with my private Apple ID on my iTunes desktop app to make sure the App wasnt the problem. Logged out again and logged in with my work Apple ID and suddenly the error was fixed.

I have no idea how this was done, but the struggle is over :)

Podcasts Connect requires an iTunes Store account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.