You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS Mojave - Mouse right click still not working

I have tried deleting com.apple.AppleMultitouchMouse.plist (and also com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse.plist after that), then restarting. I have tried to debug. I have disconnected - restarting after each of these. None of these have solved my problem of the right click working when I select Secondary Click

If I select the "click on left side", then it works, but my normal left click action stops working.

I'm on Mac MS Mojave (v 10.14.6). It's a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid-2014) with 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor.

According to everything I could find, the solutions I tried should solve the problem. It is not a faulty mouse - the right click worked on a different Mac running a different OS.

Thank you.

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 10:18 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 18, 2020 11:08 AM in response to clherbert

Oh, if you want other helpers you might wish to start a new thread since there's no way to undo the Solved, of course I'm willing to help further, but have no trackpad.

I do owe you a Solve now that you gave it!

Did this happen after the 2020-005 or 2020-006 SecUpd for Mojave?

Try reinstalling this in Safe Mode, but not using Firefox...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/macos-mojave/id1398502828?mt=12

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup).

Seems to fix about 90% of the problems.

OS Mojave - Mouse right click still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.