You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apowersoft audio device

I deleted the apowersoft audio device and now I have no sound on my MacBook, what do I do????

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 3:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 8:10 AM

Easy!!! You fix it- you got this..i’m sure of it... hold down the alt/option key on your keyboard, and click on the speaker icon at the top right of your screen, this will show all available audio inputs and outputs. Pick one..

john b

3 replies

Dec 22, 2020 6:17 AM in response to Mymacbookisbroken

What you’ll have to do is look for all traces of the apowersoft software and delete them. Also look in Users/~{yourname}/ Library. You can access that by going to your users icon( looks like a house) ... has your name on it...click on it to open it, then at the top click on Go To and in the box that appears, type in Library... there should be a search function near the top, search for apowersoft, and if it finds anything, throw it in the Trash and empty it. Close the library.,go to Audio MIDI setup( in the Utilities Folder) and click on audio midi to open it., under sound output pick either 44 or 48 khz, 16 or 20 bit.., click on ok.. you should also choose either headphones or line our seoending on which output your speakers are connected to.. built in works fine as an output... click on test speakers, then apply then done and exit that. Go to syatem oreferences then sound, then effects/ alerts, then play sound through... then either Built in, line out or headphones... and assuming you have sound turned up either by using the keyboard controls or using thr moysr/ trackpad to slide the slider up, you should hear sound. Also delete the apowersoft audio device as an audio output. Reboot your mac, zap pram 3x and you should be good to go

John B

Apowersoft audio device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.