You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Shared Folder not showing up in Finder

On iCloud, I've shared a folder with my wife who is part of my family iCloud plan (not sure that makes a difference or not). I'm assuming she should be able to see the folder in the iCloud directory when she opens Finder on her Mac? What we have noticed is that she can see the shared folder and its contents when she is using her iPad file app, but when she looks in her Finder app on her Mac, the shared folder does not show up in her iCould directory, which means she can't access any of the files in there. Any suggestions on fixing this?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 3:33 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 24, 2020 12:54 PM in response to Jimmy5

Hello Jimmy5,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that a folder you have shared with your wife is not available on her Mac. Make sure she is looking in iCloud Drive on her Mac. This article has additional information under the heading, "Accept an invitation and revise a document" which you may find helpful:

Use iCloud File Sharing to share folders and documents with other iCloud users - Apple Support

Best Regards.

iCloud Shared Folder not showing up in Finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.