You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add family member

I want to add a new family member to my family share account but it says I have too many devices associated with my phone. How can I add my child to my family share?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 8:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 11:06 AM

I am getting the impression something non-standard is happening here. Everything I see about device limit is if you are trying to associate devices with a single Apple ID

View and remove your associated devices for purchases - Apple Support

For Family Sharing each person has their own Apple ID.

There is a limit to the number of people who can be in a single Family. "Family Sharing lets you and up to five other family members share access"

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 25, 2020 11:06 AM in response to domine194

I am getting the impression something non-standard is happening here. Everything I see about device limit is if you are trying to associate devices with a single Apple ID

View and remove your associated devices for purchases - Apple Support

For Family Sharing each person has their own Apple ID.

There is a limit to the number of people who can be in a single Family. "Family Sharing lets you and up to five other family members share access"

How to add family member

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.