You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

An error occured and I can’t open any apps and restart my mac

I can’t seem to open any applications, and when I try to restart my MacBook Air, my Cursor turns into the loading Cursor and doesn’t restart.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 1:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 6:57 AM

Hold the power button for a few seconds to force the shutdown.

Reset SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Restart holding Shift to enter Safe Mode. Once loaded, restart normally and check if it got any better.

You can also run Diagnostics. Restart holding D to enter that mode and check if it brings any errors.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

Also run First Aid to check the disk Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Last action would be resin tall macOS itself How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If none of those actions work, you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized for proper diagnostic and service.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2020 6:57 AM in response to Hxghh

Hold the power button for a few seconds to force the shutdown.

Reset SMC How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Restart holding Shift to enter Safe Mode. Once loaded, restart normally and check if it got any better.

You can also run Diagnostics. Restart holding D to enter that mode and check if it brings any errors.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Apple Diagnostics reference codes - Apple Support

Also run First Aid to check the disk Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Last action would be resin tall macOS itself How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

If none of those actions work, you'll have to take it to an Apple Store or Authorized for proper diagnostic and service.

An error occured and I can’t open any apps and restart my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.