You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stuck on restart

2019 iMac 21.5 inch running OS Catalina 10.15.7. when I click on restart in apple menu the screen go blank and nothing else happens, the Mac won't restart. I press the on/off button at the rear and iMac restarts. Also on occasions I get the spinning rainbow wheel, why is this happening? Do I need to reinstall Catalina?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 3:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2020 8:04 AM

IF Malwarebytes is the only third party AV, cleaning or other maintenance app installed you may have installed some malware or the computer may have a hardware issue.

If you any wired peripherals attached, please disconnect them as one may be causing your problem.

Also please do the following:

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 27, 2020 8:04 AM in response to Roger24

IF Malwarebytes is the only third party AV, cleaning or other maintenance app installed you may have installed some malware or the computer may have a hardware issue.

If you any wired peripherals attached, please disconnect them as one may be causing your problem.

Also please do the following:

stuck on restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.