You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If Apple Watch is lost, it unpairs with the iPhone. How do you find it?

Article say if the watch and phone are paired it should show up in Find My app, it doesn’t. Also if the watch become unpaired, what can you use to find it?

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 10:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2021 10:12 AM

The watch cannot on its own become unpaired. It would need to be completely erased to become unpaired.

It can potentially not have an internet connection to report its location, but that does to mean its unpaired.

If it no longer shows up in the Find My app with a location, its because it cannot connect to the internet or has run out of power. In that case you would need to find it the old fashioned way, by looking for it.

See here: link-> If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 2, 2021 10:12 AM in response to whogastim2

The watch cannot on its own become unpaired. It would need to be completely erased to become unpaired.

It can potentially not have an internet connection to report its location, but that does to mean its unpaired.

If it no longer shows up in the Find My app with a location, its because it cannot connect to the internet or has run out of power. In that case you would need to find it the old fashioned way, by looking for it.

See here: link-> If your Apple Watch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If Apple Watch is lost, it unpairs with the iPhone. How do you find it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.