You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does app store not accept my password. Keeps saying my ID has not been used in iTunes Store. Not trying to access iTunes???

Anyone having problems with App Store not taking your password? Keeps bringing up a prompt that says “ This ID has not been used on iTunes Store. Pls enter password and review your information “ After re-entering password it just kicks you back to the same prompt. Not even trying to access iTunes.... I need to download apps! Any clues to what is happening??

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 6:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 6:44 AM

Hi HyperX2,

Thanks for coming to Apple Support Communities for help today with using your Apple ID in the App Store.

Is this a new Apple ID? Does it work with its password at appleid.apple.com?

Have you reviewed your payment and address? Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods.

Have a fantastic day!

2 replies

Jan 6, 2021 8:17 AM in response to MichaelB2019

Thank you MichaelB2019 for the response. Yes something did not set up correctly with Apple Pay or something in that section of the setup of a new AppleID Account. After changing some settings and or options things started working correctly.

Apple iPhone and apple accounts are new to me but I think I’m getting the hang of things after a day or two of exploration.

Thanks for your help, I will look to the community for future needs should they arise.

why does app store not accept my password. Keeps saying my ID has not been used in iTunes Store. Not trying to access iTunes???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.